STEP THREE: Update the firmware on the Einstein™ unit using the MicroSD card
- Disconnect the power cord from the Einstein flash™ unit.
- Take your MicroSD card with the downloaded firmware and insert it into the Einstein™ unit. The MicroSD slot is located on the top, rear side of the unit. Insert the MicroSD card into the slot, metal contacts first, facing the rear panel. The card must be inserted at a 90º angle. Push until the card clicks into place.
- Connect the Einstein™ unit’s power cord into a suitable power source, then connect the cord to the power jack on the back panel of the unit.
- Note: It is very important that you use a reliable power source when you
perform this update. Portable power system use is NOT recommended. If the unit
loses power during the update process, the process may fail and cause major
problems with the unit, requiring you to send the unit in for service.
- Your firmware update should now start. The LCD screen on the back panel of the Einstein™ unit will go solid white and begin to flicker quickly, alternating between a fast and slow pace. The procedure should take approximately 45 seconds.
- Once the flickering has stopped, remove the MicroSD card by pressing in and letting it pop up.
- Power ON the flash unit. As the unit reboots, “SW-0173 Ver 50” should appear on the screen.
STEP FOUR: Updating Additional Einstein™ Flash Units (if necessary)
- Place the MicroSD card back into the card reader that is connected to your computer.
- Navigate to the MicroSD card drive folder, and click to open.
- Click and drag the “PCBUFF” folder (the same downloaded folder that you clicked and dragged before) to the MicroSD card. When you drag the folder to the MicroSD card, you may be prompted with a message stating that there is already and item named “PCBUFF” in this location. Click “Replace” or accept the request to replace this file.
- Eject or safely remove the MicroSD card from the card reader.
- Repeat STEP THREE (above) to update the next Einstein™ flash unit in your setup.
- Note: You will need to reinsert the MicroSD card into your card reader and drag
the “PCBUFF” folder onto the card each time before updating each individual unit. You can NOT move from one unit to the next without going back to the computer first as the necessary files do not stay in place on the card after the update.
AFTER THE UPDATE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY PERFORMED, you may use either MicroSD cards (up to 2GB in size) or MicroSDHC cards (up to 32GB in size) for future firmware updates.
Do NOT attempt to load the firmware more than once. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your firmware was successfully updated, contact customer service