So, you need some TLC. No problem.
- Fill out and print a Repair Form. This form does not get sent to us electronically, it is merely a tool that helps you provide us with the necessary information to process your repair. The form also checks your product serial number to see whether or not the unit is still under warranty. Please print and include the form with your packaged unit to simplify the process.
- Package your equipment for a safe journey. Be sure to carefully package anything for return. If you are sending in a flash unit with the modeling lamp and/or the flashtube in place, please use the protective shipping cover. We will not be able to ship a flash unit with the modeling lamp and/or flashtube in place if your shipping cover is not included as these items could get damaged in shipping. Check your garage for the original packaging.
- Just send the essentials. If you are sending in a flash unit, we do not need you to send the power cord, the sync cord, the reflector, the CSXCV transceiver, the carrying bag, the beauty dish, etc. - we just need the flash unit. We don’t want to risk anything getting damaged or lost.
- You are responsible for shipping your equipment to us. You can use any shipping method and/or carrier desired. We advise using a method where tracking is available. You may wish to purchase insurance as well (we cannot be responsible for items that you ship to us using your preferred shipping method). Send your package to:
Paul C. Buff, Inc.™ Repairs
2725 Bransford Avenue
Nashville, Tennessee 37204
- If your equipment is still under warranty (and you are in the U.S.), the service and repair is on us. We’ll repair your product that has become defective under normal use at no charge to you and we’ll pay for UPS Ground Standard Shipping (U.S. only) to return it. Call us if you’d like to pay for a more expedited method. Click here to read the full terms and details of our product warranty.
- If your equipment is out of warranty, you can send it to us for service. All non-warranty repairs are charged a standard diagnostic / service fee ($40 for an AlienBees™ flash unit or Cyber Commander™ unit; $50 for any other flash unit or Vagabond™ system). This fee will cover most basic repairs. By sending in your equipment, you agree to pay this diagnostic / service fee along with any other repair costs totaling up to $75 (combined charge of fee + repair costs). We will contact you for payment once your unit has been repaired. Please do not send money until we have contacted you and given you a total.
- For U.S. residents, the standard diagnostic / service fee includes return shipment via UPS Ground services. You can choose to pay for a more expedited method when you are contacted for payment. For customers outside of the U.S., you will pay for return shipping along with all applicable taxes, duties, and fees. You can choose from the UPS methods that we offer and you will be charged based on the method chosen.
- If the total amount for the diagnostic / service fee and repair cost will exceed $75, you will be contacted for approval before any repairs are made. If you approve of the quoted total, we will require payment at that time and ship your equipment as soon as repairs are complete. If you do not wish to proceed with the repair but would like to have your equipment returned to you, you will still be required to pay the $40 or $50 standard fee to cover the diagnostic assessment. Once payment is made, your non-repaired equipment will be returned. If you do not wish to have your equipment returned, you are not required to pay the fee. If payment is not made within 90 days we will have no choice but to consider your equipment abandoned.
- If you’re unsure about anything, call us. We can walk through the problems that you are experiencing to first find out whether or not repair service is needed. If we do need to bring your unit in, we can walk you through the repair process, let you know whether or not your unit is still under warranty, and estimate any non-warranty service charges.
U.S. Customers should return equipment to Paul C. Buff Inc.™ for warranty repairs and non-warranty repairs. No other companies or service providers are authorized to perform repairs, service or upgrades for U.S. customers.
needing repairs and or service (whether warranty or non-warranty), contact us
to discuss your options. All shipping fees, duties, taxes, brokerage fees, etc are the responsibility of the customer.
We additionally recommend our Canadian authorized service and repair center, Service Camera Pro
, for both warranty and non-warranty repairs. Using this repair center in Canada allows our Canadian customers to have quality service for their equipment without the added expenses and extended turnaround time involved in shipping the equipment across the border to our facility. Read more about Service Camera Pro services here
who originally placed their order from us can still go through us for repairs and service (whether warranty or non-warranty), though all shipping costs to and from our offices will be the obligation of the customer. Paul C. Buff Europe
and Paul C. Buff Australia
customers must go through Paul C. Buff Europe
and Paul C. Buff Australia
for repairs and service (whether warranty or non-warranty).