Ordering and Shipping Info for International Customers
Paul C. Buff, Inc. accepts orders from and ships orders to:
- Customers living in, and having items shipped to, their residence or business located in the United States and U.S. territories (including Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam).
- U.S. military personnel living/working internationally
- Customers living in, and having items shipped to, their residence or business in Canada
Paul C. Buff, Inc. is an American manufacturer that only sells direct-to-customer. We are able to offer our products to American customers at prices from 40 to 60% lower than other manufacturers for comparable quality products because there are no distributors or dealers involved. In 2009, we decided to stop accepting orders from new international customers. Our company is not equipped to navigate through the various regulations associated with global direct sales.
Our extremely friendly and knowledgeable customer service team, expert repair service, and 60-day absolute satisfaction guarantee are just a small part of what makes us the most respected supplier of professional photographic equipment in America.
While we would love to extend these advantages to international customers, there are many factors that simply don't allow us to do that effectively. We recommend that international customers give strong consideration toward purchasing equipment manufactured and sold within their own continents when possible. Below are some of the reasons why we do not sell internationally:
DEALER / DISTRIBUTER MARKUPS
Because our pricing does not allow for costs of dealer and distributor markups, we would have to raise our prices approximately 50% to allow for these costs.
SHIPPING / MISC. CHARGES
For many of our products, the cost of shipping is as much, if not more, than the product itself. The addition of various shipping regulations often ends with the customer paying additional duties, import taxes, etc. The cost of shipping is approx. double what US customers pay, even with the shipper discount that we pass on to our customers.
The biggest deterrent for selling internationally is our inability to provide adequate repair support. While we do offer generous factory warranty and inexpensive service beyond warranty periods, items for repair must be shipped to us at the customer's cost and the repaired item will have to be returned to you at an address here in the U.S..
PREVIOUS INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
In thanks for your long-time support, we will allow established international customers who ordered directly from us (prior to Oct 2009) to place new orders from our U.S. headquarters. Customers who previously ordered from PCB Europe or PCB Australia will be required to provide proof of their status as a previous customer. Acceptable forms of proof include a receipt of sale or email confirmation of order. Please contact us for assistance. As our shopping cart does not calculate shipping charges for international orders, you will have to call us to place your order. Please be aware that UPS has restrictions on shipping some items, such as the Vagabond™ systems, to certain international locations.
NEW INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS - FREIGHT FORWARDER
While we cannot ship orders outside of the U.S. and Canada for new international customers, we do allow for new customers located outside of the U.S. and Canada to order from us using a freight forwarding service that is based in the United States.
HOW IT WORKS: When using a freight forwarding service, equipment that has been ordered and purchased is shipped from our headquarters to the location of the freight forwarder, and the customer is then responsible for all fees and taxes/duties to have the equipment shipped to their location from the freight forwarder.
- WHAT IS A FREIGHT FORWARDER? - A freight forwarder is a company that organizes shipments to get products from the manufacturer to a customer. In this case, a freight forwarder can be used to ship our products from the U.S. to your international location. Freight forwarders may also be referred to as forwarding agents, personal shoppers, and shipping agents. New international customers will need to find and select their own freight forwarding service. We require the service to be located in the United States.
- TRANSACTION DETAILS - Once the order has been received and signed for at the U.S. address of the freight forwarder, the transaction is final with us. The freight forwarder will be responsible for any export documentation needed from that point forward.
- PAYMENT VIA WIRE TRANSFER - New international customers will be required to pay for their order via wire transfer. No other forms of payment will be accepted. In addition to the total charge for the order, you will be responsible for any wire transfer fees that may be imposed by the bank. Please contact us for details, price quotes, and ordering.
- SIGNATURE FOR DELIVERY - Shipments to a freight forwarder require a signature for delivery. The customer will be responsible for this $5.00 per box signature requirement fee.
- POTENTIAL FRAUD - Paul C. Buff, Inc.™ reserves the right to refuse sales to any new international customers in the event that fraud is suspected.
INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY INFORMATION
International Customers can go through us for repairs and service (whether warranty or non-warranty), though all shipping costs to and from our office will be the obligation of the customer. Once serviced, the repaired item will have to be returned to you at an address here in the U.S. unless you are an established customer prior to Oct 2009
PCB Europe / PCB Australia (1st Line Digital Pty Ltd / 1st Line Europe Ltd) and Gotham Audio (Switzerland) are no longer authorized to represent Paul C. Buff, Inc. and sales from these companies are not recognized as authorized sales. Equipment sold by any company or entity outside of Paul C. Buff, Inc. may not be covered under warranty.