HUB Firmware Updates
|ESP 002.002.007 / ST 002.004.014||December 02, 2021|
- TTL is now available for both Canon and Nikon.
- To use TTL with your LINK, set the "TTL OR MAN" menu to TTL. If the LINK and HUB are not both displaying TTL, please cycle through the "MAN or TTL" menu on the HUB.
- A new menu option on the HUB can be found called “CTR PIN TRG”. By turning this on, you can use non-matching camera/HUB. For example, you can use a Canon HUB with a Nikon, Fujiflim, or Sony camera. The HUB will simply trigger a flash on your flash unit, but will not have TTL or HSS capabilities.
- When charging, the battery icon will charge up until full.
- Updating the frequency of your HUB in the BUFF Android or iPhone app will update the display on the HUB itself.
- Nikon top hotshoe is fully functional – meaning a Nikon speedlight can use TTL when mounted to the HUB. A Canon speedlight will trigger, but TTL is not available.
- Note: A corresponding LINK is required for TTL. The LINK must also be updated to version 001.009.102 (or later).
Do I need an update? How do I know which version I have?
When your HUB remote is connected to the app, you are able to view it's current firmware version under the HUB tab. The firmware can also be found directly on the HUB in its menu system. If you can’t find it, call us and we’ll help determine your version.
UPDATING YOUR HUB REMOTE
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- HUB Remote
- Paul C. Buff, Inc. App (for iOS and Android)
HUB Remote Firmware History
The firmware 'ESP Firmware: 1.11.202, ST Firmware: 2.2.16' update includes ALL PREVIOUS UPDATES that have been released.
- Initial Release (9/10/2021)
- Fixed an issue where a flash mounted on top of the Canon Hub would pulse multiple times when the shutter button was partially depressed
- Fixed delay in sync jack trigger that could cause the flash to fire too late
- Fixed issue where sync jack could fail to trigger
- Initial Release (5/20/2021)
- Improved the connection reliability between the Link and Hub during firmware updates
- Initial Release (2/23/2021)
NOTE: Downgrading to a previous version of firmware is NOT possible.